Post 1

    My name is Alex Mukasyan. I am a first generation Russian-American that lives with his parents and has a older brother that is 40, married, and has two kids. The reason to mention my brother is that he is the reason that I am studying computer science at ND. He is a CEO of a tech company in Russia but before any of that he was a programmer. As I grew up he would always show me the newest tech in computers, phones, toys, etc.. He always made sure that I had the newest technology too and that really sparked my interest in building computers and eventually coding. Over the past two summers I have taken on internships which gave me work in data analytics as well as data engineering. Through these internships I learned SQL as well as helpful Python packages for data manipulation such as Pandas. Due to a dying love for writing software and a deep-ish dive into big data and data engineering, I want to pursue being a big data engineer when I graduate in the Spring.
    From this class I want to get an understanding as to what other ethical problems exist in coding aside from just being a hacker for good or for bad. As well as what type of ethics really concern those people which work with large amounts of client data like I did the past two summers.
    The most pressing issues, in my opinion, is that of honoring confidentiality and respecting the privacy of others. People have a lot of information stored within cloud based solutions which are easily accessible from any point in the world. Though this is comes in handy in many occasions for the users, there also exists the possibility that this data is breached or even possibly sold by the storage service to companies. Issues of morality and ethics in data security are my primary interests for the semester as they apply to what I hope to do in the future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading 13 Response

Reading Response #9