Project 02 Response

I believe that it should matter where employees come from at least a little bit. I'm not saying to disallow H1-B visas at all, but I do believe that American companies and companies based in America should try to take care of American citizens over hiring out to cheaper work from different countries. I understand that America is a melting pot and that our goal as a nation is/should be to be all inclusive, though we've been failing recently, but I believe that we need to take care of American citizens and legal residents before companies look to outside sources for jobs. This is to prevent cases such as the story which we read about the Disney IT department that was asked to train their foreign replacements for a month if they wanted to receive a severance package. In the cases where it is a truly higher-experienced and/or higher-educated foreign job candidate being considered against an American candidate I believe that the alien should be chosen, but in the cases where an American is equally educated I believe that some preference should be given to the American candidate. I have no economic or real logical reason for this, but it just feels right to me to give preference to one of "our own" over an insider. Isn't that partly the benefit of going to ND or any big name school? Getting further preference in the job market because of where we are from?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading 13 Response

Post 1

Reading Response #9